H&Y Furniture Services, including H&Y Furniture Boutique, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information about you when you fill in forms on our site or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for and/or subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. It may also include the descriptions and any photographs of your furniture.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- we may pass your details onto our third-party contractors, if they specifically need to visit to carry out the services we offer
- we may pass out limited details to our third-party contractors and suppliers, to differentiate the information needed to proceed with our services
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service
- for accounting and HMRC purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your details are kept on cloud-based systems and our local database systems which are password protected.
We have confirmed that the cloud-based systems we use are aware of GDPR and operate appropriately.
Hard copies are kept secured in locked premises and are regularly shredded and destroyed.
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary. We do this by considering various factors including, but not limited to, the purpose for which we have your information, whether we have a legal obligation to continue to process this and the guidelines as stated in our retention policy.
If you have requested to receive information from us and/or signed up to one our mailing lists, we will retain this information for as long as you remain subscribed or in the event that we cancel our mailing lists.